This course offers attendees an in-depth look at the world's ‘A-Team' of terrorists. We provide a study of how and why Hizballah was created, its role in international terrorism, how the organization is financed, its relationship with Iran, and its participation in the Lebanese body-politic.
Internationally, Hizballah terrorist activities and reputation are well known; indeed, Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage referred to the organization as "the A-Team" of terrorism. Many Westerners regards the Lebanese group as one of the most notorious terrorist organizations for its responsibility in carrying out the 1983 terrorist attacks against the U.S. embassy and Marine barracks in Beirut; the 1992 and 1994 attacks against the Israeli embassy and Jewish cultural center in Buenos Aires; and a host of kidnappings, hijackings, and suicide bombings.
Understanding Hizballah and its relationship to Iran is critical to understanding the rise of radical Islam and the future of low intensity conflict against non-state actors. This full day course provides a basis for understanding international Shi'a Islamic terrorism and radical ideologies propagated by rogue regimes such as Iran.
This course was designed by foreign policy experts that have spent significant time with Hizballah in Lebanon. This course is a must for military personal deploying to Iraq and Afghanistan, government employees involved in foreign policy, financial institutions and companies doing business in the Middle East and/or emerging college leaders.
Who Should Attend
Customs and Border Patrol
2. Middle East and Islamic World Geography
3. Overview of Arab-Israeli Conflict
4. Overview of Lebanese Political Spectrum
5. Shi'a in Lebanon
6. Rise of the Islamic Republic of Iran
7. Birth Hizballah
8. Hizballah in the 80's: Kidnapping, Hijacking and Bombing
9. How does Hizballah Move Their Money and What is the International Community Doing About It? An Insider's Perspective
10. Participation in the Lebanese Political Establishment
11. Israeli pullout from Lebanon and its Effect on the Organization
12. Sheba'a Farms and the Seven Villages
13. Ideology of Terror
14. Building an Islamic Republic
15. The Use of Mass Media Messaging and Propaganda