This one day course offers attendees a solid foundation in the ideology and history of al-Qaeda. In addition, this course will look at several of al-Qaeda's affiliates in the Gulf, North Africa, Iraq and the Middle East.
Understanding the rise of al-Qaeda and its relationship to the global Salafi movement is critical to understanding the global war against radical Islam. This full day course provides a basis for understanding international Sunni Salafi Islamic terrorism and radical ideologies propagated by rogue actors such as Usama bin Laden.
This one day course was designed by foreign policy experts that have spent significant time in the Islamic world. This course is a must for military personal deploying to Iraq and Afghanistan, government employees involved in foreign policy, financial institutions and companies doing business in the Middle East and/or emerging college leaders.
Who Should Attend
Customs and Border Patrol
2. Middle East and Islamic World Geography
3. Arab and Islamic History Islamic eology and Law
4. History of al-Qaeda
5. Saudi Arabia's domestic battle against al-Qaeda
6. The al-Qaeda Organization in the Islamic Maghreb, previously known as the Salafist Group for Preaching and Combat (GSPC)
7. Gama'a al-Islamiyya in Egypt
8. al-Qaeda in Iraq